Leader!

After quite a long time, I wanted to write something on my space here. The credit goes to the director Shekhar Kammula, for influencing me through his honest film, LEADER. The movie was made really well. First of all, one should appreciate the director for his sincere effort and his confidence in being able to carve out a film on a topic, rather I'd say a notorious truth about the current Indian politics, about which everyone talks about in their everyday life, but never really cares. The movie might not become a commercial hit, but it definitely will be an inspiring, and remains as a much talked-about film forever, I believe. Being a debut film for Rana, he proved compromising as an actor. The character looked like it was made just for him. He has it all what is needed for that character, mainly the composure. There may be a few glitches in the movie, but I don't want to be a critic . Even till the minute just before the movie started, I always had doubts lingering in my mind about how he was going to handle this story, because it is really a challenging and a difficult one to show on-screen. There are high chances the director may get laughed at, and the audience getting annoyed. Kudos to Shekhar, he did a good job. He tried to maintain idealistic 'Leadership' not going too far from reality. As an audience who looks for entertainment, I might give the movie a rating of 3/5, but as an analyst [I am not a true/core analyst, but sometimes I naturally analyze ;) ] I'd give the director 4/5.

At this moment, all that is going on in my mind is - Be Good, Do Good (the phrase I always try to follow, sincerely!). If I were in Shekhar's shoes, I'd say - atleast TRY to Be Good and TRY to Do Good. You are a LEADER. may not sound very realistic, but that's how I feel at the moment :) Adios!

 

posted by Kiran at 9:44 PM on Thursday, February 18, 2010 under , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Search